Metal Distribution Storage Facility
This is a steel/metal/alloy distribution storage facility.
Click on the picture to download a PDF of the WC Warehouse Consultants project.
There are many different products/SKUs stored in a common area based on following:
– Material type, such as alloy, stainless, etc.
– Sizes, such as thickness, length, gauge, etc.
– Shapes, such as plate, tube, bar, etc.
• WCWC designed the cantilever storage rack around a specifically designed/built-to-suit side-loading type of lift truck.
Benefits to Customer
With the ability to carry the load sideways or lengthwise into the building and storage aisles significant benefits are achieved. They are:
- Product selectivity and access: Versus, for example a crane or bulk stacked type of storage, the accessibility minimizes handling and the labor related to shipping and/or receiving every single load.
- Space savings: A minimum operating aisle width saves a tremendous amount of space. Approximately, or for comparison, six feet (6’) wide versus twenty-two feet (22’).
Note: In one single aisle 200’ in length, the difference in the width noted represents a savings of 3,200 square feet…per each aisle.
- Staging for inbound and outbound loads: by shrinking the total foot print for the rack, maximum allowable floor space is “created” inside.
- Security of inventory: same as the Staging example, these types of materials are quite valuable. Versus being stored in a yard or outdoors, optimized indoor storage minimizes the chances for shrinkage and damage of both material and equipment.
A Special Note:
If your application is remotely similar to the one noted above, please consider this valuable tip…
In one single aisle, 200’ in length, the difference in the widths noted represents a savings of 3,200 square feet…per each and every aisle.