• In the logistics industry, capacity (especially in cases just like this one) pallet “positions” represent a base revenue. Other revenue opportunities are driven directly from the pallet position capacity.
• The investment for this level of pallet position capacity maximizes the potential revenue for this site.
• This style of storage, known as Selective Pallet Rack, is the most common and effective for this applications’ storage objective. The fact that Selective is also the least expensive method of pallet rack storage simply benefits the financial analysis.
• This design, like as is necessary for so many other businesses, also heavily factors in versatility or flexibility for warehouse operation. As long as the industry-standard GMA 48” deep by 40” wide pallet board size remains, this is an optimal design that works for both current and future Customers.
Benefits to Customer
Many benefits to the customer arise as a result of WC Warehouse Consultants’ involvement:
- FIFO – The Operational Benefit. Whether you operate your warehouse with an ERP* or WMS** system, “single-deep” with 100% product facings storage design simply supports FIFO product rotation. As a result, your warehouse operates more cost effectively and easier than any other storage method of this size and scope.
- Full Case/Carton Picking Again, the versatility of this layout provides for order picking. The design is to “pick” from all floor locations. The “next” replenishment slot is located near by and the inventory is then cycled in a FIFO method.
*Enterprise Resource Planning – A business’ management software. Typically, managing and storing data for various applications / operations.
**Warehouse Management System – Specifically, designed to manage warehouse activity. Examples include: Inventory control, Reporting, Routing & Locating, Product Rotation, Live Inventory, Paperless Operation, etc.